The Point identifies and discusses research tools for the Asia policy analyst. It also highlights the significance of under-reported current events, trends, and challenges in the Asia-Pacific region. The blog draws from the policy research of the APP’s staff and international membership.
APP publishes two weekly email newsletters for its members. One, the APP Policy Calendar, previews the meetings, events, news, and opinion critical to the US-Asia policy analyst. Membership is open to all. The second, is The Japan Brief, a review of news from and about Japan. Back issues of both are archived on this site.
Please contact us for information on joining APP or engaging us to assist you with your research and analysis. Memberships begin at just $100 annually for individuals.
The opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors, and not necessarily those of APP or its board. Your privacy is important to us. We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required and permitted by law. We do not sell, rent, share, exchange, or otherwise disclose your data to others.
APP members are welcome to visit at any time and out-of-town members are welcome to use our office as their own while visiting Washington.
Publisher: Ms. Mindy Kotler, Director, APP, Washington, DC
- Dr. William Brooks, APP Senior Fellow. Former head of the Office of Translation in the U.S. Embassy, Japan.
- Mr. Dennis Halpin, APP Senior Fellow. Former Asia Staffer House Foreign Affairs Committee
- Mr. Michael Penn, APP Non-resident Senior Fellow. Shingetsu News Agency
- Dr. Albert Keidel, APP Senior Fellow. An independent researcher with over 25 years' experience analyzing China's economy. Washington, DC.
- Mr. Clyde Prestowitz, APP Senior Fellow. President Economic Strategy Institute
We like to believe we're putting the "think" back into "think tank".